Who we are:
- We are a K-State Service Center, established in 2018, and housed in the Division of Biology at Kansas State University.
- We provide quality media (food), at an affordable price, for maintenance of Drosophila lab strains.
- We meet the needs of lab researchers, saving them time, effort, and money.
- Tray of 100 vials
- $16.00 (internal, KSU)
- $24.00 (external, non-KSU)
- Tray of 25 bottles, with “flugs”
- $19.00 (internal, KSU)
- $29.00 (external, non-KSU)
- Tray of 25 bottles, without “flugs”
- $16.50 (internal, KSU)
- $25.00 (external, non-KSU)
- Trays of vials and bottles come sealed (“press-and-seal” or “geneseal”) or with “flugs” added to bottles (optional), and wrapped in plastic bags to preserve moisture and prevent contamination.
- Free delivery on campus (please arrange with Dr. Jocelyn McDonald in advance).
- Off-campus researchers, please contact Dr. Jocelyn McDonald first before ordering. We will work with you to find economical shipping prices and delivery options.
- Order form
- We are always interested in providing new products that meet the needs of researchers on campus.
- For example, if there is interest, we will make agar egg laying plates (grape juice or molasses) for your lab.
- Please contact us with your wishes and needs!
Current K-State fly food kitchen staff:
- Mr. Tom Colling, production assistant
- Ms. Hayley Peck, production assistant
- Dr. Jocelyn McDonald, director (jmcdona at ksu.edu)
- Biology Business Office, billing (biologybusiness at ksu.edu), 785-532-6800